If you are a guy looking for a woman, do not, I repeat, DO NOT spend a dime at Amateur Match. I started with a free account where 6 - 8 women a day were sending email com-ons to me.
A friend had said he got great women from this site and so I thought, OK, I'm getting some good e-mails. I am very attractive man and do attract hot looking women on other dating sites.
After about a week or so, I decided to join to reply to all the hot ladies. No one responded. Not one and all the e-mails stopped. I went to the chat room, and all that were there were scripts of fake cam bots or women wanting you to go to Yahoo Messenger to chat and then wanted to cam for money and wanted your credit card. Some of the women chatting said the same lines over and over. More bots. I felt my stomach hit the floor.
I went out on the internet and googled the site and there were all the complaints. The same was said from the e-mails to the cam gals. All fake. All a scam. I canceled my subscription and tried calling the company. Nothing. I notified bank of America of the company and the tactics. They sent me to the business fraud group. They were great.
I then went back to the site and posted all of the information about the site in my profile and also went out and created a female account, which I then found out had full function without paying a dime.
I posted all the fraud info and a link to the government website www.ic3.gov on my female profile and then started adding 100's of men's as my buddies. I got 100's of replies stating "thank-you" for exposing them there on their own site.
I also alerted the FBI and the Secret Service and they agreed that www.ic3.gov was the best way to report the site's activity.
Daily I go out to check on the site, work the chat room to let the guys know who may have just joined and not know the truth. I hoped that eventually, the fraud team would get them, and today, I see the site is gone. I feel like I have made a difference against these scam artists. Hopefully, they will be gone for good and the other sites that seem to be similar (Fling.com) will meet the same fate.
I hope all that I helped will find this note as well and those who gave me their e-mail addresses I will follow up with once I am sure it is gone for good.
Cheers and Happy St. Paddy's Day!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Online Dating
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "When one thought the content on Thai Visa couldn't get any more bigoted and racist, it appears now in addition to the normal Thai bashing by the old white men..."
- "I can not explain how pissed off I am with att uverse services. Every month my bill was higher and higher. They didn't give me any warning stating that my..."
- "Today I noticed a charge for $258.90 (CAD) on my VISA card for a JDate subscription. I called to cancel this as I do not use the site anymore and..."
- "I fell for this scam, first in tiny writing they have install pricing, not in their agreement that you check and agree, again at the end if the purchase no..."
- "I had used the cyber power cp900 avr uninterruptible power supply to protect my equipment for several years until the unit stopped working displaying a fault warning. I..."
- "I bought this luggage & I just used it for the first time. The handle on the tote split already, there goes the set!..."
- "I'm filing this report to warn anyone contemplating doing business with Bion Dale and his company Asis Trading that he is slimy and will not honor the guarantee he flaunts..."
- "This place is absolutely a health hazard. On the 15th of May, I bought several items from this store. First of all, most snack items (chaklis, sev, pickle etc.) are..."
- "Mifi service stopped. Website usage data page displays error: "...popped your bubble...". No response to my trouble tickets. Their phone service hours are 9-5, obviously not customer focused. They keep charging..."